"Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You may have set yourself a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles." Helen Keller

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Great Week!!

We weighed in yesterday --- our two-week mark.  Total loss so far:
Jen: 14.6
Don: 17 pounds

We are both happy with that!!  The most amazing thing for me (Jen) is my inches lost...  All over my body I have now lost 2"... except for my waist - 5"!!!  I was so excited about that!  In fact, I had to go to the store and either buy me a belt or a smaller pair of jeans.  That got the store owner excited about our success and she is now interested in joining our program.

So one of our successes this week was our church party Friday night.  There was a pasta dish and then every favorite dessert I can think of - Lemon squares, brownies, ice cream, candy, Strawberry cupcakes, chips/salsa.  I kept thinking Don would say "Let's take tonight off..." but we both stayed strong.  We bought our own food of homemade coleslaw and pork roast.  When we got home I made us a brownie that we can eat.

I have decided to be a health coach for this company and am excited about the success I have had in just sharing it with people I talk with in conversation.  I love the things I am learning about health.


No comments:

Post a Comment