"Be of good cheer. Do not think of today's failures, but of the success that may come tomorrow. You may have set yourself a difficult task, but you will succeed if you persevere; and you will find a joy in overcoming obstacles." Helen Keller

Thursday, February 14, 2013

A New Journey

Last week Don and I started a new health program.  We are so excited about this new journey.  We want to  live and feel healthy...  run and not be tired...  be active again.

So we started Wednesday, February 6th.  We have entered into a $1000 Weight Loss Challenge that is 90 days.  We are both very motivated to win that money, and it has made this past week very easy with no temptations.

With both of us working 3rd shift, we were using caffeine to help us stay awake....  stopped that cold last Wednesday. One day of headaches, and now we have more energy than ever!  It is amazing!  We are in a fat burning stage right now and that has increased our energy level tremendously!  Yea for fat burning!!

So yesterday was our first weigh-in day.  Results were awesome:
Don:  12.4 pounds
Jen:  10.2 pounds

....In ONE week!

I noticed Tuesday evening at work that my jeans were all the sudden huge on me...  I measured myself yesterday in addition to weighing.  3.5" off my waist alone!!  1" everywhere else (hips, legs, arms, etc)!  Last night at work I was constantly pulling my pants up...(thank goodness for cami's that are long!  ha ha!)   I need to go shopping for either a belt or smaller pants!

I have also noticed that the sleep I am getting is better.

This all after one week!  So thankful for this program!!  It is so simple!  Cannot wait to see where we are in 90 days....  just in time for Don Jr's graduation and Julianne's baptism!  We want to be to our goal by end of June when we go on vacation.

So...  here is to our new Journey.  So grateful to be doing it together!!  We also have a super health coach who is always a phone call, text, email away.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go guys! That is amazingly awesome! I am so proud of you two. It feels so good to be doing something so healthy for your body and especially to see results like that so soon! Who is your personal coach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so fun to read about all the differences you are experiencing as you move forward on this great adventure! You are both so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I hope you are able to reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete